Tuesday 15 March 2016

Getting ready and visiting EVERYONE!

Since a few days, we started jogging again, just like 3 Km a day, to get slightly back in a decent condition. Not in shape, we're skinny ass anyways, but just to have a better condition. We all know that the first weeks onboard are going to be tough. I wouldn't necessarily call them the toughest, because the last 6 weeks are pretty heavy as well, as you're preparing to leave and need to have your handover ready, you're closing off your targets etc. But we'll get to that part in about 5 months time.



So having started to jog again, I can honestly say that I should've done this weeks ago. For the simple reason that I'm in pain. A lot of it. If you get home, and do nothing besides eating, shopping, eating more, having parties and don't really care for sports, then you're going to be in pain once you start again after 2 months. So this is a lesson learned in my book, and probably will be treated the same as a hangover, you feel like crap, but at the end of the day, we all know you're gonna do it exactly the same way again.

 2 Days to go, then it's time to fly out to the nice and warm Florida! And it is needed, since it's like freezing here. Even a party still needs a bonfire to make it bearable at best. But no time to party, time is seriously ticking away, and there's still stuff to do.



Yesterday we completed the luggage part, and yes that's early, but leaves time to add whatever last minute things you forgot, and allows you to be fully ready for when it's time to travel!

So today it's time to visit people, and yeah pretty much everyone. Especially the elderly family members. You just never know. So I always take a day in which I visit those people whom I care for the most, to make sure I have seen them just before I go. And, with the pain you're in, you walk pretty much the same as they do, so that gives you something to talk about.

Now when you go, be ready! And that doesn't mean that you need to buckle up for bad reasons, but often people wait for this moment to ask you any question you might or might not have answered yet.

My plan of attack? Fairly simple, I make sure I have my itinerary with me, either on app or paper. Know where you're going, and if there's places you've been before, take pictures.



They want to know everything you're about to do. They can't or won't do it, so give them the pleasure of experiencing it through your story. The more you do it, the better you get at it.

Small example, you're all familiar with the Game of Thrones.

This has partially been filmed in Dubrovnik, a small village in Croatia. It's a great place and an amazing port for some of the biggest cruise vessels to have a port day.


So by knowing this and having the pictures from when I was there the last time, I am able to give them a part of the experience. 

So, time for me to get ready, take what I need and then load up on tea and coffee, during this great day of running around like a headless chicken to visit the world!

Selamat Tinggal!



P.S. Yes you're always going to piss some people off. As much as you'd want to, no it is physically impossible to visit everyone you would want to. Good Luck! Don't forget to enjoy the food and sweets whilst you can, onboard they will be different! 

No comments:

Post a Comment